Montefalco and its breathtaking view
Its panoramic balconies offer a wonderful view, as far as the eye can see, as the town lies at the centre of the Clitunno, Topino and Tiber valleys.
The brick and stone walls preserve the uniqueness of Montefalco as a sort of a breath of the past joining to the industriousness of the present.
The walk begins in the Piazza del Comune, which is the highest point in the town, and which has always been its administrative heart.
From hill to hill until reach a paradise of tastes and smells, Montefalco has always been a land of wine that you can discover through paths between flavors and knowledge of the territory. This is a corner of Umbria which ignites emotions.
Do not miss
- The Complex of San Francesco
- The Church of Sant’Agostino
- The Church of San Bartolomeo
- The Church of Sant’Illuminata
- The Church of Santa Chiara di Montefalco
- The Church of San Fortunato which houses important frescoes by Benozzo Gozzoli and Tiberio d’Assisi
- Largo Sesto Properzio, the most beautiful panoramic view in town
- A break to a restaurant to taste Sagrantino wine-based dishes, strangozzi fresh pasta and legumes soups
- A special toast in one of the most renowned wineries in Montefalco